Byron Knight - Solicitor
Areas of Expertise
Byron has recently joined Shaw Reynolds Lawyers as a Solicitor. He brings nearly six years’ experience in campaigning, policy and the legal profession. Byron is an admitted lawyer in New South Wales and a former Native Title Legal Case Manager with the Federal Court of Australia. Previously Byron was an Adviser with the Environmental Policy Team at the National Indigenous Australians Agency and a 2020 Aurora Intern. He has also spent time as a Campaigner with Greenpeace Australia Pacific and as a Law Graduate working in criminal law. He holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and a Bachelor of International Security Studies from the Australian National University. He is currently pursuing a Master of Environmental Law at the University of Sydney.
Relevant projects and experience
Local Government, Planning and Environment – litigation experience
- Class 4 proceedings in the NSW Land and Environment Court for developers.
- Class 1 appeals in the NSW Land and Environment Court for developers, Councils and objectors.
- Class 2 tree dispute proceedings.
Local Government, Planning and Environment matters – advisory experience
- Assisting in advice to Councils, developers and objectors with respect to the interpretation and application of local government, planning and environmental legislation.
- Assisting in pre-lodgement advice to developers.